Christopher Meier is from Western New York. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2005. He is also admitted to practice in the United States Districts Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. Mr. Meier earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Kennesaw State University outside of Atlanta Georgia. While earning his undergraduate degree he worked full time in the finance industry with a local Atlanta full service bank. Mr. Meier went on to earn his Juris Doctorate degree from Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad Law Center.
Mr. Meier started his legal career practicing in the area of creditor rights before moving on to representing companies that operate in highly regulated industries. From 2010 through 2015 Mr. Meier practiced exclusively with Greenspoon Marder, PA in its regulatory defense and compliance sections. Mr. Meier’s practice has allowed him to represent numerous entrepreneurs in the debt settlement, credit repair, credit counseling, collection, debt settlement, and direct marketing industries. His practice has also allowed him to become well versed in many regulatory and litigation facets including the defense of governmental investigations at the state and federal level. Mr. Meier is well versed in representing companies and individuals under scrutiny from the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Florida Bar, and state banking commissions. Mr. Meier is currently a member of the Broward County/Bar Association. Mr. Meier is regularly requested to speak at numerous trade industry conferences regarding compliance and regulatory related issues.
- Florida State Courts
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Kennesaw State University (B.S.)
- Nova Southeastern University (J.D)
- United Way of Broward County Young Leaders Society, Volunteer Committee Chair, 2010-2011
- Achievement & Rehabilitation Centers, Inc. (ARC Broward), ARC Angels Trustee 2011
- United Way of Broward County, Envision Member, 2015-2016
- Association of Credit Counseling Professionals (ACCPros), Honorary Board Member, 2010
- National Collections & Credit Risk Conference, Speaker, March 2011
- Association of Credit Counseling Professionals (ACCPros), Speaker, Spring Conference; How to Best Structure Your Affiliate Relationships, May 2012
- National Association of Tax Resolution Companies (NATRC) Speaker, Spring Conference; How to Avoid Engaging in Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices, May 2012
- Financial Services Collections and Operational Risk Conference: Speaker Fall Conference, How to Make Your Business Compliant and What to Expect During a CFPB Investigation or Inquiry, Oct 2013
- National Collections and Operational Risk Conference: Speaker, Spring Conference, Why the BBB Matters When it Comes to Regulatory Concerns and What Your Company May be Able to Do to Improve its BBB Rating , March 2014